Statement of company policy
Purpose of the Policy
Aurablue Electric takes its obligations under the Privacy Act seriously and would like to take all reasonable steps in order to comply with the Act and protect the privacy of the personal information that we hold. This policy sets out how we intend to do so.
The Policy applies to clients/customers, candidates and suppliers who provide us with their personal information.
The personal information that the Organisation holds
Collection of Information
Aurablue Electric will only collect information that is necessary for its function. Information is collected for the purposes of administering business and complying with government legislation primarily with regard to taxation and superannuation.
Some of the reasons include:
- Delivery of products and/or services to client’s/customers.
- To administer sales to client’s/customer’s including recovery of funds and purchases from suppliers.
- To better understand your requirements and preferences.
- To complete other requests on your behalf
- To provide better service.
- To administer our own accounting and invoicing procedures.
- To detect and prevent fraud and protect company assets.
- To provide information of interest or that may benefit you.
- To administer candidates and team members records for employment, improvement, advancement, training, payment and general administration.
Aurablue Electric may collect and hold the following information:
- Name and contact details including address, delivery address, phone number, fax number, mobile number, email and web site.
- ABN, ACN and TFN if relevant.
- For candidates your occupation, career history, career plans, references, results of aptitude and other tests, superannuation details.
- For team member employees your occupation, career history, career plans, references, results of aptitude and other tests, superannuation and banking details, staff appraisals, correspondence to and from you as well as general contact details including date of birth.
- Banking details and other relevant details.
Aurablue Electric collects this information in a variety of ways. Such as;
- When client’s/customer’s place an order of goods and/or services or if an invoice or quote is issued.
- When goods are left for repair or modification.
- When payment is made for sales to suppliers.
- When and if an account is opened with us.
- When enquiries are made concerning our goods, service and company details.
- When a candidate applies for a position with our company or a team member is recruited to the company.
- When a meeting is held between clients/customers, suppliers and team member employees.
Access to your personal information
Aurablue Electric provides access to the personal information that we hold about you. You have a right to access the personal information that Aurablue Electric hold’s about you. We aim to ensure that your personal information that we hold is accurate, complete and up to date. We take all reasonable steps to correct any information you find inaccurate. To assist us with this, please contact us as soon as possible if you are aware of any changes required to your personal information. Should we deny access and or refuse to correct your personal information, we will provide you with reasons that will be based on the grounds provided by the privacy Act. If you require access to your personal information please contact our office on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices or wish to make a complaint about how your personal information is managed please contact our office.
Security of information collected
We store and hold your personal information securely through physical and electronic means. We will take all reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal information that we hold ensuring that personal information is not misused, lost or subject to unauthorised access or use. This includes appropriate measures to protect electronic materials and materials stored and generated in hard copy. We will also take action as required by law to destroy any personal information about you that we no longer require.
We do not contract out data storage or processing functions.
If the Aurablue Electric does contract out, we would take measures to protect the information by ensuring contractors meet the same standards of privacy as employees of Aurablue Electric.
Use and disclosure
Aurablue Electric will only use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of providing goods and services to you, or your requests for goods and services. This may include passing information onto our employees, suppliers, client’s/customer’s and other contractors for the purpose of fulfilling your requirements and administering our company. If the personal information is to be used or disclosed for additional purposes we will seek your consent prior ro proceeding. In special circumstances, for example if we sell our company or a substantial part of our company your information may be transferred as part of that sale. We will not use your information for purposes unrelated to the services we provide, unless we first obtain consent from you.
Personal information is collected for the purpose of:
- Providing goods and or services you require from our company.
- The smooth running of our company.
- Assessing your suitability for a type of job or position.
- Processing payments.
Aurablue Electric will disclose this information to:
- Prospective employers.
- Our service provides.
- Our insurer/s (if necessary).
- All other reasonable parties that will assist us in administering our company.
Legal reasons why we collect the personal information
We collect the information in order to comply with our legal obligations. If you choose not to provide Aurablue Electric with personal details we may not be able to provide you with the full range of our services including recruitment. In reference to employment it will also restrict the list of potential employment targets or positions within our organisations. We may reduce the net payment earned by you or your business if certain details are not disclosed and provided by suppliers and team member employees with regard to the taxation laws.
Sources of information
Candidates and Team member Employees
Where possible, Aurablue Electric will collect the information directly from the prospective candidates. However, in some cases we may receive personal information from referees or people that have worked with or are working with the candidate. For example a colleague may express to us that the candidate could have potential in a position that we are recruiting for.
If the personal information was collected not from the candidate but from another party, Aurablue Electric must take reasonable steps to inform that individual of the collection.
Customers and Suppliers
Where possible Aurablue Electric will collect the information directly from the clients/customers and suppliers. However, in some cases we may receive personal information from other people that have recommended you or our services.